When should I place my order? What is your processing and fulfillment time?
We recommend that a deposit be received at least one month before your event. Orders are processed in as little as 5-7 business days (with a paid deposit). We can usually accommodate most orders, however, the more notice you give us the more likely we will be able to fulfill your order.
How much are your custom cakes/cookies/treats? Why are they so “expensive”?
The final price of each custom product is dependent on a multitude of factors! Custom treat pricing may seem “expensive” because many folks are unfamiliar with how much it takes to create custom desserts. The beauty of custom service is that it allows for creatives to plan, design, prepare, and execute an order specifically for you–this comes at a price. Please understand that regardless of industry, anything custom is not cheap.
What are your refund/deposit policy and terms and conditions?
The following terms and conditions apply to all bake goods and orders (including wedding, custom cakes, and other items) from Olisa’s Kitchen:
- For all orders, a non-refundable deposit of 50% is required at the time the order is placed (unless it is placed within seven days of pickup, then a deposit of 100% secures your order). The balance of payment is due one week prior to the date the order is fulfilled.
- By signing the agreement (or verbally agreeing to the order, if placed by phone) the buyer has agreed to color, design, flavor, quantity and other order details. The buyer also agrees that upon final payment and pickup or delivery of order that they accept the product “as-is” and no refunds will be issued.
- Deposits on wedding cake or custom orders over $400 are not refundable under any circumstances. A credit in the amount of the deposit may be issued at the discretion of the management.
- Deposits on orders of less than $400 are non-refundable. If cancellation occurs at least 14 days prior to the due date, a credit will be issued to buyer in the amount of the deposit. If cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the due date, the deposit will be retained by Olisa’s Kitchen LLC.
- Final payment and order details (size, shape, color, flavor, and design), for wedding or custom cakes orders of $400 or more, must be finalized and paid in full, at least 14 business days prior to the due date.
Do your baked goods contain gluten, nuts, soy, lactose, or other allergens?
Please note that we use nuts, gluten, dairy, and other allergens in our baking. All of our products may contain or come into contact with wheat, nuts, milk, soy, and other allergens, or contain trace amounts, despite our very best efforts to avoid cross-contamination. It is the responsibility of the customer and/or their cake/cookie/treat recipient(s) to be aware of the aforementioned allergens and to inform all consumers of this fact. Olisa’s Kitchen LLC does not guarantee any products to be allergen free and is not responsible for any allergic reactions occurring in those that are sensitive to these ingredients.
Can you do custom flavors or designs I don’t see on the website?
Absolutely! This is decided upon with a phone consultation.
What is fondant?
It is an edible and moldable icing that is used to sculpt or decorate cakes, cupcakes or pastries. Made from boiling a sugary syrup mixture, once warm it’s kneaded to resemble a thick frosting. The texture of fondant is thick and provides a protective layer over frosting. The texture is very different from most icings. It requires a highly skilled decorator and must be worked carefully by hand, with an artist’s touch. Because of this, adding fondant to any cake will produce an additional upgrade due to the labor involved.
Can fondant be refrigerated?
We suggest you do not refrigerate fondant cakes. We suggest you select a filing that does not need to be refrigerated inside a fondant cake.
Can I refrigerate any other cake or baked goods?
We do not recommend you refrigerate any cake or other baked goods as refrigeration will dry them out. All of our recipes are made from scratch and baked in small batches to order, using only the finest ingredients. Our products are made without preservatives and should be enjoyed on the day received. If you plan on storing them overnight, tightly wrap the box in plastic wrap and leave at room temperature. If you really want to enjoy your goods at a later date, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to eat, allow the goods to thaw at room temperature.
Do you deliver or set up orders?
We sure do! We respectfully require delivery for cake orders with two or more tiers. Deliveries start at $25 and covers the metro Philadelphia and South New Jersey areas. Rates are calculated based on the size of your order and the distanced traveled. Please email us so that we can provide a more accurate quote. Event set up is available for an additional $35.
What is your return policy?
It is my hope that each and every customer is 100% satisfied with their purchase. All baked goods are the responsibility of the customer once the order is completed and picked up from our bakery. If for some reason, you are unsatisfied, please contact us immediately. We will work together to resolve your situation in an individual and timely manner. Due to handcrafted nature of our baked goods, we are unable to receive any returns nor are we able to offer a cash refund. In some cases and depending on the nature of the concerns, we will offer to fix a mistake, replace baked goods, or provide a credit towards a future purchase.
Tips for caring for your cake/treats!
- Cakes should not be placed in direct sunlight. Your cake should remain cold until it’s ready to be served. This can best be done in an air conditioned room after delivery/pick up.
- If you are picking your cake up, please keep the following in mind:
- Keep the car cold so that the cake does not reach room temperature before you reach your final destination.
- Your cake should be placed on a flat surface during transit.
- Ideally, your travel time should not exceed 60-90 minutes.
- Remember–warm cakes do not travel well! Most of my cakes are done with a silky smooth buttercream. While delicious, buttercream gets soft at room temperature, so in warm environmental temperatures you run the risk of destroying your cake.
- If you are having your cake delivered (mandatory for cakes that have two or more tiers):
- You should coordinate with us to have your cake delivered and set up at least one hour before your event.
- Cakes should be delivered directly to the event space.
***Please keep in mind these guidelines are here to help you care for your cake until it is ready to be cut.***
***Olisa’s Kitchen LLC is not liable for damages or faults to any cake/desserts after the delivery is made or passed over to the client on pick-ups***